Meet Magical Matcha
For many, their mornings are incomplete, and their days cannot officially begin, without a cup of coffee. But sometimes that shot of caffeine can leave you feeling tired but wired, craving more when you hit that 3pm slump.
The alternative? Meet matcha - your source for clean green caffeine.
Matcha is the perfect energising swap for coffee. Thanks to its high amino acid content, matcha is better for your brain and won't give you the shakes or jitters often experienced with coffee consumption. Here's why monks (and Sanalite's alike!) love it so matcha:
What is Matcha?
Matcha has been around for centuries as part of the traditional Japanese green tea ceremony. Zen Buddhist monks have been reaping its many benefits for energy, concentration and wellness since long before the modern day superfood matcha latte's. Matcha is 100% shade-grown green tea leaves ground into a fine powder. Growing under these shades increases the chlorophyll and antioxidant levels even further.
With regular green tea, you brew the leaves in hot water and then throw them out afterwards. By contrast, matcha drinkers consume the whole leaf dissolved in the water along with all the green goodness they contain. Because of its concentrated form, matcha has up to 137 times the antioxidants and up to 10 times the nutritional content of regular green tea.
Why is matcha so good for you?
Sourced from the home of matcha -Shizuoka Japan - our 100% shade-grown green tea leaves are ground into a naturally sweet, fine powder.
The unique combination of caffeine and amino acid L-Theanine provides sustained energy and calm focus without the crash or jitters. Rich in nutrients Vitamin C and E, Chlorophyll and EGCG, matcha boosts energy, metabolism, immunity, hair, skin and nail health.
Mood + Metabolism
- EGCG, an antioxidant most commonly found in matcha, promotes mood, memory function, and cognitive functions. Some studies have even shown matcha to increase the body’s metabolism.
Calm + Focus
- Matcha, unlike coffee, contains caffeine and L-theanine, an amino acid which promotes focus, attention, concentration, clarity, relaxation, while reducing stress. Matcha balances you with pure, clean energy while keeping you focused and grounded.
- Matcha has been found to fortify the immune system with the help of antioxidant powerhouses like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Chlorophyll.
Radiant hair + skin + nails
- Matcha has anti-inflammatory benefits and the Vitamin E found in matcha may protect your appearance from age-related damage by protecting the health of your skin, hair, and nails.
- Inflammation-fighting Magnesium, also known to help the immune system, promote relaxation, increase bone strength, is abundant inside matcha.
Meet Your New Morning Matcha Ritual
As matcha is highly concentrated, a little goes a long way. Our suggested serving size is 1 teaspoon (or 1 scoop from our essential matcha kit).
Our matcha has been carefully selected to be more accessible and convenient for everyday use, so you can use a whisk if desired - in keeping with the traditional ceremonial preparation and for extra frothiness! Or simply dissolve in a dash of WARM water to form a paste and then add boiling water (for a plain tea), warm milk/mylk (for a latte) or mix it in to your oats, smoothies, pancakes, energy balls and more.
Nourish your everyday with SANA Matcha and shine bright Sanalite.